Wanderlust.
Recently, and the week just after graduation especially, I have been plagued by recurring bouts of wanderlust. I don't want to go home, but I feel like there's nowhere to go. So I tend to be a bit aimless in my comings and goings.
I think it's due to the change that's been happening a lot. I'm more or less on my own, transitioning from a low-involvement job to an extraordinarily high-involvement job, seminary plans seem to be defining themselves more sharply more quickly than I had expected, and I feel a measure of religious freedom by not being constantly surrounded by Idiot Protestants. Granted, I will have to work with a few this summer, but lucky for me I won't have to interact with them so much as the kids I'm taking care of.
I don't think I'll be able to settle until the rest of my life settles. It makes sense, I guess. Tomorrow, we have work, and then straight to home. I'm going to go hang out with Clyde so the resident couples can go on dates.
I think it's due to the change that's been happening a lot. I'm more or less on my own, transitioning from a low-involvement job to an extraordinarily high-involvement job, seminary plans seem to be defining themselves more sharply more quickly than I had expected, and I feel a measure of religious freedom by not being constantly surrounded by Idiot Protestants. Granted, I will have to work with a few this summer, but lucky for me I won't have to interact with them so much as the kids I'm taking care of.
I don't think I'll be able to settle until the rest of my life settles. It makes sense, I guess. Tomorrow, we have work, and then straight to home. I'm going to go hang out with Clyde so the resident couples can go on dates.

<< Home