Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am the Captain.

My camp name for the summer is Captain. I chose the name because I'm still under the influence of Firefly and because I figured if I referred to my group as my "crew" they might like me more and I might be able to think of them more as a group of people rather than a bunch of individuals. It'll help me plan their weeks out better that way.

I've decided that my group will be close knit and prone to pranks and such on the other camp groups. For example, if I discover that one set of campers are making things in the pole barn that won't be hurt if they get wet, then my group shall bomb them with water balloons. Or something like that.

I am also quite intent that my group should learn something useful that they will enjoy at least once a week at camp. For the first week, I have decided to procure a broken CPU and show them what the insides are like, how to install and remove RAM, and other such things as that. I figure most of those kids will already know something about computers, or at least be very very interested in them, so this might work well for them.

As for the other weeks, we will see what happens according to the kids' interests and such.

Hello, I am your teacher. Or for those of you who are bolder; O Captain, My Captain.