The Future? What's that?
Ok, so now I'm at UWG. That aforementioned quest (look at yesterday's post) is accomplished. I now eagerly await a phone call that will arrange for me a day to go meet with some of the professors for an interview. At that interview I shall use my powers of reason and/or BS to gain acceptance into the Master's Degree program in Psychology for the fall semester.
As for work, Toys R Us is going south on me fast. I'm sure they don't mean to, but I get almost no hours, and the hours I get constantly clash with the rest of my life (like when I took the GRE yesterday).
In the meantime I have under consideration two possible employment options: supervise at a warehouse in Peachtree City or go into pest control. That's right, I'd be an exterminator during most of my Graduate Career. I think it'll be fun.
I have also decided that in the near future (3-4 months), I want my own place. I don't care if it's a hovel carved out of the side of a mountain, I want my own place. I love my parents and I love my baby brother, but I need to have my own place. It's just requisite.
What else cool happened to me over the past few days?
I saw Grace for Valentine's Day. We went to dinner, saw some of her friends, and then went to see Night at the Museum. It was a fun movie indeed. I really enjoyed it.
Mr. and Mrs. Pham have done wonders to their house. I rented it from them over the summer and stayed there for the time I was going to be in town for the GRE. It still has a small ways to go on it, but it is shaping up to be an incredible house.
Last night I took GA 41 most of the way home. You can imagine my astonishment when the Interstate did not appear--at all--despite following the directions Mrs. Pham gave me very closely. But at least I've laid eyes on Gordon College, the one institution of higher learning I swore never to attend.
Now that I've once again had contact with my graduate school application process, I'm starting to actively look forward to continuing my education. For the longest time I would just bide my time and study. It almost felt like it was very far off.
Oh, note for the future. I'm going to begin pulling all my Academic Prophecies out of my Xanga and transferring them to a blogger account. I shall let you know more as events develop.
As for work, Toys R Us is going south on me fast. I'm sure they don't mean to, but I get almost no hours, and the hours I get constantly clash with the rest of my life (like when I took the GRE yesterday).
In the meantime I have under consideration two possible employment options: supervise at a warehouse in Peachtree City or go into pest control. That's right, I'd be an exterminator during most of my Graduate Career. I think it'll be fun.
I have also decided that in the near future (3-4 months), I want my own place. I don't care if it's a hovel carved out of the side of a mountain, I want my own place. I love my parents and I love my baby brother, but I need to have my own place. It's just requisite.
What else cool happened to me over the past few days?
I saw Grace for Valentine's Day. We went to dinner, saw some of her friends, and then went to see Night at the Museum. It was a fun movie indeed. I really enjoyed it.
Mr. and Mrs. Pham have done wonders to their house. I rented it from them over the summer and stayed there for the time I was going to be in town for the GRE. It still has a small ways to go on it, but it is shaping up to be an incredible house.
Last night I took GA 41 most of the way home. You can imagine my astonishment when the Interstate did not appear--at all--despite following the directions Mrs. Pham gave me very closely. But at least I've laid eyes on Gordon College, the one institution of higher learning I swore never to attend.
Now that I've once again had contact with my graduate school application process, I'm starting to actively look forward to continuing my education. For the longest time I would just bide my time and study. It almost felt like it was very far off.
Oh, note for the future. I'm going to begin pulling all my Academic Prophecies out of my Xanga and transferring them to a blogger account. I shall let you know more as events develop.

<< Home