Saturday, January 20, 2007

Spiritual Direction.

It's coming to that point in the RCIA classes where those of us who are seriously considering joining the Catholic Church take a more active step in that direction. I spoke to Father Adam about my decision to join the Catholic Church, and I feel pretty comfortable with it. I will also get to take a Saint's name when I join the Church. Evidently the saint I choose will be like a special spiritual partner to me. At least that's what Monsignor Cuddy says.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I've looked over a list of the saints and read up on some of the ones I'm not too familiar with. I'm not sure if this should be such a big deal for me, but it really is. So I'll be thumbing through information on various saints as I go along. Hopefully I'll have my mind made up before the Rite of Election. I think that's when I choose.