Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Vision restored.

Yesterday I got a new pair of glasses. I also found out I had a broken TV.

It's funny though. I spent a full twenty-four hour period without my glasses and holding things inches above my face in order to see before I went to the optometrist. I was used to it, but I didn't want it to stay. Likewise I was used to being able to goof off, but I didn't want to stay lethargic.

That's where the broken TV comes in. Without the TV I've got no means to entertain myself as I normally would. Without the extra option to sit on my tuchas and play video games, I find myself sitting down and doing homework. I've been much more productive today already.

So my vision has returned on a number of levels. I've got some focus back and I can see. I just hope paper research and writing doesn't slow me down.