Saturday, January 14, 2006

It begins.

As I sit here beside the newspaper obituaries and I see the old and the young who have passed on I turn instinctively to investigate my own life, short as it has been. I stand at the beginning of the spring semester of my senior year at college and as I look at the rest of my life (past and present), I realize that I still have a great deal more to grow.

Not all my posts will be as somber or as serious as this one. But I also hope that not all my posts will be full of light-hearted silly fluff. Hopefully over time I will be able to investigate myself without the needless commentary of those who think they can help, but cannot.

I stand in the door: simultaneously an insider looking out and an outsider looking in.

Whiskey priest though I am, I cannot help but feel that I stand validated despite my brokenness.

I'll probably regret this post later, but with any luck it'll be something to learn from. There's more to say, but it'll have to simmer before it turns into words.

Well as they say, "Here goes nothing!"