Home for a day.
Sunday evening Grace and I went to my house and spend most of today there as well. We got in, I grabbed some leftovers to eat (Grace had eaten before we left Mercer) and Clyde was doing "experiments." Mostly he was just microwaving gumballs in water to see what sort of drink it would make. More on Clyde later.
Grace and I sat with my step-dad after a few moments of chatting with Mom and watched the last half hour or so of X-2. Some of Nightcrawler's lines in that movie are astounding. When Nightcrawler is discussing most people's reactions to him with Storm, he says, "When I see people react in fear and anger to me, I do not hate them. I pity them. Most people will never see anything more than what is in front of their own two eyes."
Nightcrawler's statement says a lot about prejudice, but it also says a lot about people's awareness of the spiritual. Most people will see the world--good and bad--and never see the God behind it. No one will ever see the God behind an act of love. They might in fact react with scorn or be defensive.
Storm's reply to Nightcrawler goes something like this: "Anger can sometimes help us to survive."
Nightcrawler's response is, "So can faith."
When I first heard Nightcrawler say that when I saw X2 in theatres I nearly jumped out of my seat and shouted. I've been on both sides of that coin. I've survived with anger and I've survived with faith. I must admit, my survival has been much more enjoyable when relying on faith. My faults are not greeted with scorn and loathing like they were before. I rather enjoy it.
I slept on my little brother Aaron's sofa and played Shadow of the Colossus for a good while. It amazes me how someone so small (you're a knight on a horse with nothing but a sword and a bow) can take down something so incredibly large (the colossi you have to fight are often as large as some of the buildings and ruins you encounter). Each Colossi is smart and has its own set of weakspots. The environments in which you find them and the methods used for bringing them down are all different and discovering them offers an immense sense of adventure. The most curious part of all is that once you've discovered how to destroy a colossus, it goes down very quickly!
How curious it is to me that even our biggest obstacles, as unique as they are, often go down with incredible swiftness once we've found a way to combat them.
Grace is such a sweet girl. She helped my mom peel wallpaper today so I could play with Clyde. She really does live up to her name.
Grace and I sat with my step-dad after a few moments of chatting with Mom and watched the last half hour or so of X-2. Some of Nightcrawler's lines in that movie are astounding. When Nightcrawler is discussing most people's reactions to him with Storm, he says, "When I see people react in fear and anger to me, I do not hate them. I pity them. Most people will never see anything more than what is in front of their own two eyes."
Nightcrawler's statement says a lot about prejudice, but it also says a lot about people's awareness of the spiritual. Most people will see the world--good and bad--and never see the God behind it. No one will ever see the God behind an act of love. They might in fact react with scorn or be defensive.
Storm's reply to Nightcrawler goes something like this: "Anger can sometimes help us to survive."
Nightcrawler's response is, "So can faith."
When I first heard Nightcrawler say that when I saw X2 in theatres I nearly jumped out of my seat and shouted. I've been on both sides of that coin. I've survived with anger and I've survived with faith. I must admit, my survival has been much more enjoyable when relying on faith. My faults are not greeted with scorn and loathing like they were before. I rather enjoy it.
I slept on my little brother Aaron's sofa and played Shadow of the Colossus for a good while. It amazes me how someone so small (you're a knight on a horse with nothing but a sword and a bow) can take down something so incredibly large (the colossi you have to fight are often as large as some of the buildings and ruins you encounter). Each Colossi is smart and has its own set of weakspots. The environments in which you find them and the methods used for bringing them down are all different and discovering them offers an immense sense of adventure. The most curious part of all is that once you've discovered how to destroy a colossus, it goes down very quickly!
How curious it is to me that even our biggest obstacles, as unique as they are, often go down with incredible swiftness once we've found a way to combat them.
Grace is such a sweet girl. She helped my mom peel wallpaper today so I could play with Clyde. She really does live up to her name.

<< Home