Thursday, January 19, 2006

The first thought of the morning.

You never know what the day will bring when your first thought when you wake up in the morning is, "It's not fair. She's been up for at least an hour and a half longer than I have." It almost makes you feel guilty for sleeping so much. Now for some context.

Since the end of the last semester I have generally woken up at 9am. Sometimes if I've been up later I 'll sleep later. If I go to be earlier I'll get up somewhere betwen 8am and 9am. Deal is, it's carried over into the semester. Thanks to my schedule I get to wake up at 9 in the morning every morning. That gives me plenty of time to shower, shave, brush teeth, check e-mail (post in this blog) all before my 10:50 or 11am classes.

But Grace doesn't. She generally wakes up earlier than that to be at work at 8:30. Odds are she went to bed around 2 or 3 doing homework and then woke up around 7:30 or 8. Something says that it just ain't right. I guess it would be unreasonable to short-change myself on sleep on purpose just so I won't feel like my girlfriend is left high and dry on the scale of sleep. Poor thing is always so tired when I see her, and she's still got so much to do.

It's not fair, I suppose.