Monday, November 10, 2008

The paper stack.

I found a paycheck this weekend while I was cleaning up my room. I was gathering up my paystubs from work and when I looked at one of the paystubs, it had a paycheck attached to it! I nearly kicked myself for being so negligent, but decided to wait until I knew if the check was void before I kicked myself. After all, why beat myself up over a paycheck that was still good? It's still good. Therefore I did not kick myself.

I also spent a lot of my time this weekend playing Little Big Planet. In Little Big Planet, you play as a little sack person. Think of it like a beanie baby. You can customize this sack person to look however you want. The options are limited at first but after even just a few minutes of playing through the levels you can acquire extra materials, accessories, objects, knicknacks, bricerkbracker, odds-n-ends, junk, bits and pieces, and all manner of stuff. Not all of it is used for making your sack person look spiffy. Most of it is for the design and creation of your own levels. The levels you create can be published on the internet for others to enjoy. Likewise, so too do other people's levels make themselves available at your fingertips for literally endless hours of play. I had the best time.

In other news, for those who have not recieved it, I have been accepted as a substitute teacher for Mt. DeSales Academy in Macon. I get acquainted with how substituting works on Wednesday. In the meantime I'm resisting the urge to frantically pack my room and vacate PTC as soon as possible. My step-dad deploys tomorrow, so I'm trying to be present for my family. It's never been easy on my mom or baby brother, and this year will be the worst yet, because my step-dad won't be here for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This won't be stopping me from moving to Macon as soon as possible, but I figure this week at least ought to be given over to spending as much time as I can with my family.

Honestly, there's not much I have to pack. At the barest bones I just have to pack my clothes, books, DVDs, and my computer. Otherwise most of it can go as is. I'm excited.

Consider yourself warned, Macon.