Soul Searching.
Tonight I find myself in a contemplative mood. It's not a bad mood. I've not felt anger, pity, remorse, or sadness all week. I'm just suddenly of a mind to consider myself.
Honestly, I don't remember the last time I stopped to take a good, long, even look at myself. I'm not entirely sure I know what I look like, or how to recognize me amongst all the stuff that settles in my heart and mind.
Like a room covered in clutter, so it is with me. I'm not entirely sure where to begin.
The Bible says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God," so I suppose I ought to start there. I need to go to confession. Then I'll figure things out from there. Under the inspiration of Adrian Plass, I think I might start keeping a spiritual journal so I can have it all to sort through as things go.
Work and living on my own are still there. But I need a serious overhaul of my worldview.
Again, I quote Master Splinter: "My Master Yoshi's first rule was: Possess the Right Thinking."
Honestly, I don't remember the last time I stopped to take a good, long, even look at myself. I'm not entirely sure I know what I look like, or how to recognize me amongst all the stuff that settles in my heart and mind.
Like a room covered in clutter, so it is with me. I'm not entirely sure where to begin.
The Bible says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God," so I suppose I ought to start there. I need to go to confession. Then I'll figure things out from there. Under the inspiration of Adrian Plass, I think I might start keeping a spiritual journal so I can have it all to sort through as things go.
Work and living on my own are still there. But I need a serious overhaul of my worldview.
Again, I quote Master Splinter: "My Master Yoshi's first rule was: Possess the Right Thinking."

<< Home