I'm wrapping up my grad school applications.
I finally decided to stick my neck out there and try to finish my applications to grad school to get certified in education. With luck, the universities I applied to will have my information and I will just have to send them my GACE scores.
In the meantime, I'm going to apply for a substitute teaching position and do that during the day. I'll get a job working nights to supplement the sporadic substitute income in the meanwhile.
I feel like my the wheels of my life are re-aligning on the track and I can go forward again.
I'm still not sure what to make of my volunteer experience at the Catholic parish here. I'm still not quite in the works. I reckon if I were to boil it down, I'm applying to volunteer at the church. The youth minister has seen me at the general Sunday night event, and at a Bible study. Now he just wants to talk to me kind of one on one. All I know is, if I can't even pass par to volunteer for youth ministry, I'm going to get some kind of mad at somebody. Part of me wonders if I shouldn't just give up on it and go back to my teaching plan in its entirety.
So, about that Bible Study. It happened yesterday. I showed up at the church, sat on a sofa, and spend half an hour doing introductions with seven kids. We had to give our names and tell an animal story. I couldn't decide which animal story to tell, so I went with the possum. You can't go wrong when a possum is involved.
The Bible Study involved the Scripture readings that will be said at Mass on Sunday. We started in Amos. Amos kicks the crap out of the Israelites for being rich, selfish, apathetic slobs. Then we stepped into 1 Timothy and read Paul's encouragement to Timothy to be righteous, godly, loving, patient, and gentle. So we discussed comparison and contrast kind of stuff. After we went to the Gospel, which is the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. We compared the rich man and his fate to that of Lazarus.
In the end I think we walked away with the knowledge not to be greedy or complacent in what we have, strive to be holy and selfless, and (what was that last one)? Oh yeah! Don't go back in time and call a Jewish person a Philistine, or they'll drop all their stuff and punch you in the face.
Now I just need to figure out a good time to ask for a day off.
In the meantime, I'm going to apply for a substitute teaching position and do that during the day. I'll get a job working nights to supplement the sporadic substitute income in the meanwhile.
I feel like my the wheels of my life are re-aligning on the track and I can go forward again.
I'm still not sure what to make of my volunteer experience at the Catholic parish here. I'm still not quite in the works. I reckon if I were to boil it down, I'm applying to volunteer at the church. The youth minister has seen me at the general Sunday night event, and at a Bible study. Now he just wants to talk to me kind of one on one. All I know is, if I can't even pass par to volunteer for youth ministry, I'm going to get some kind of mad at somebody. Part of me wonders if I shouldn't just give up on it and go back to my teaching plan in its entirety.
So, about that Bible Study. It happened yesterday. I showed up at the church, sat on a sofa, and spend half an hour doing introductions with seven kids. We had to give our names and tell an animal story. I couldn't decide which animal story to tell, so I went with the possum. You can't go wrong when a possum is involved.
The Bible Study involved the Scripture readings that will be said at Mass on Sunday. We started in Amos. Amos kicks the crap out of the Israelites for being rich, selfish, apathetic slobs. Then we stepped into 1 Timothy and read Paul's encouragement to Timothy to be righteous, godly, loving, patient, and gentle. So we discussed comparison and contrast kind of stuff. After we went to the Gospel, which is the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. We compared the rich man and his fate to that of Lazarus.
In the end I think we walked away with the knowledge not to be greedy or complacent in what we have, strive to be holy and selfless, and (what was that last one)? Oh yeah! Don't go back in time and call a Jewish person a Philistine, or they'll drop all their stuff and punch you in the face.
Now I just need to figure out a good time to ask for a day off.

<< Home