Vivid Dream.
A few nights ago I dreamed that I was riding down the highway with Hugh Laurie (The guy who plays Gregory House). We were chatting about life, about his work--especially his role in House. I mention that I enjoy his character, relate to him a lot, and that I am impressed at how he can disguise his English accent so well. He replies that it's hard. I say that he makes it seem so easy.
Then Mr. Laurie starts driving in the wrong lane. It'd be the right lane if we were in Britain, but we're in America. This bothers me and I ask him what he's doing, especially since there is now an oncoming car in the lane. He states in House Voice that the car will move. We play chicken a while until both cars move, and we get our left headlight crushed. The other vehicle gets its right headlight crushed.
The police can't arrive on the scene for quite some time. The family we hit tells us to come to their place to wait on the police. So we're under citizen's arrest--Hugh Laurie and Me. We sit in the kitchen, our backs to the cabinetry and staring at the oven, trying to chat up this family. None of them will even speak to us because they are so upset over their car. Eventually I get bored and so Hugh and I begin to sift through a small pile of toys on the floor. In the pile I notice a plastic elephant's head from a set of mix and match animal toys that I remember from my wee childhood. The elephants head is orange and reminds me of the toys that were at my grandmother's house. I get excited over this find and start telling Mr. Laurie all about it.
The teenage daughter overhears my excitement and comes into the kitchen to tell me that those were her favorite toys when she was small. We hit it off and the ice melts as I chat with this teenager. It's not long before the entire family is in the kitchen and having a good time.
And that was my dream. Maybe I shouldn't watch so many episodes of House back to back.
Then Mr. Laurie starts driving in the wrong lane. It'd be the right lane if we were in Britain, but we're in America. This bothers me and I ask him what he's doing, especially since there is now an oncoming car in the lane. He states in House Voice that the car will move. We play chicken a while until both cars move, and we get our left headlight crushed. The other vehicle gets its right headlight crushed.
The police can't arrive on the scene for quite some time. The family we hit tells us to come to their place to wait on the police. So we're under citizen's arrest--Hugh Laurie and Me. We sit in the kitchen, our backs to the cabinetry and staring at the oven, trying to chat up this family. None of them will even speak to us because they are so upset over their car. Eventually I get bored and so Hugh and I begin to sift through a small pile of toys on the floor. In the pile I notice a plastic elephant's head from a set of mix and match animal toys that I remember from my wee childhood. The elephants head is orange and reminds me of the toys that were at my grandmother's house. I get excited over this find and start telling Mr. Laurie all about it.
The teenage daughter overhears my excitement and comes into the kitchen to tell me that those were her favorite toys when she was small. We hit it off and the ice melts as I chat with this teenager. It's not long before the entire family is in the kitchen and having a good time.
And that was my dream. Maybe I shouldn't watch so many episodes of House back to back.

<< Home