Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life Considerations.

Most know by now that I am thoroughly unhappy with my situation. I'm unfit, living with my parents, and make less than the average high school student.

I have been riding a bicycle to work and avoiding sweet things more often, but I need to do more. Tomorrow I'm going to go for a hell ride since I have the day off. We'll see how it treats me.

As far as job stuff goes, I've been considering what I appreciate in a job. I like my job to be mental and physical. I sit on my ass most of the time. I think I would like a job that makes me move a bit more. I also want a job that gives me a physical thing that points to the work I have done throughout the day. When I worked landscaping during the summer between my sophomore and junior years, the hours were worth it because when we left the job site at the end of the day, things were noticeably different than they were when we arrived.

Sure I was tired, dirty, and wishing I was home, but I felt so accomplished.

Naturally, I want to make use of my degree in some way. I spent 4 years and thousands of dollars to earn it. I'd like to do something with it.

Youth Ministry doesn't fit all the categories all the time.
Teaching likewise doesn't fit all the categories all the time.
Mission work I have considered, but I'm not sure that it's something I'm suited to.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

If you likewise have any other questions or suggestions, let me know that too.