Friday, July 06, 2007

Creativity.

For the past several days my mind has been on overload with creative thought. Exploring ideas, investigating possibilities, creating worlds. It's exhausting. I need to sit down and give this stuff some ventilation, but it's very difficult to pick out a thread from the tangled mess and focus on teasing it out into its own stand-alone concept. Plus, I miss my girlfriend.

In other news, my Fourth of July was pretty nice. I went to Ft. Gaines. My mom asked me what was in Ft. Gaines that would make me want to go there (apart from friends, of course). After some thought and consideration I decided that I enjoy Ft. Gaines more for what is not there than for what is. It's such a quiet place. I could spend and entire day napping on the sofa or sitting in a rocker or a swing on the porch and do absolutely nothing and still feel like I had made good use of my day. Nothing is rushed there. There's no apparent panic. It's wonderful.

I've got to get away from here.
This is not a place for me to stay.
I've got to take my family,
And find a quiet place.