Friday, September 12, 2008

Old face.

Something interesting happened last night. I attended the Cornerstone Night for BSU (now BCM) and assisted the remaining current Lord's Players in putting on a production. While I was there, I met some new faces and a couple of old ones.

The one that was the most interesting to me, was meeting my old self. As most people know, Lord's Players underwent a great deal of funk and crippling damage my last year or so of participating in that group. A lot of those memories stick with me. Even so, I love LP and I think that the things we did as LP were important and worthwhile.

I remembered that last night. I found myself excited, assertive, and ready to make things happen. I wanted to do something, not just be passive about ministry.

I realized something. My volunteer work has been important to my resume, but I'm not sure it's been important to me. For the most part I chill out. I don't plan anything. I don't make anything happen. I just stand around and use a half-baked list of questions to try to make a feeble discussion with teens. None of my ministry is robust. None of it is effective.

Activity is what is needed to maintain any degree of health. As we all know this pertains to physical health, I think it follows with Spiritual and Mental Health as well. Now I just have to get off my ass and get the work done.

BTW, the BSU still doesn't study the Bible at Bible Studies. Makes me laugh. That is all.